Step into Learning CIC is committed to keeping all of its staff and learners safe.
Safeguarding means protecting someone’s right to live in safety free from abuse and neglect. There are six safeguarding principles:
- Empowerment – we will support and encourage you to make your own decisions
- Prevention – we will always aim to take action before harm occurs
- Proportionality – we will give the least intrusive response to the risk presented
- Protection – we will give support and representation for those in the greatest need
- Partnership – we will provide local solutions through local community services – communities have a part to play in preventing, detecting and reporting neglect and abuse
- Accountability – we insist upon accountability and transparency in all safeguarding practices
Below you will find a series of articles to raise your awareness of potential issues and how to keep yourself safe.
If you have any concerns about your safety, please speak to your tutor in the first instance or the Designated Safeguarding Lead at Step into Learning: Jan Kelly – email@example.com 01566 701824 or 07902 651487.